Our 'Round Australia trip: 2008-09
Between May 2008 and April 2009, Clare, Rob and Olive travelled around Australia in a VW Transporter Camper Van (a follow up to our around the world trip in 2005). This time there was three of us, as our family has now expanded with our bundle of joy, Olive. You can see our complete journey on this map.
You can follow our complete journey by starting at our first diary entry, or check out our daily diary entries by clicking the state names below.
Our Around Australia Adventure
Diary Entries By State
The diary of our trip started here - our purchase, and shakedown trips to Daylesford and Rosebud.
- These are the most popular (most viewed) blog entries
- Mungo Brush Campground, NSW
- Nanga Mill, WA - last night
- Broken Hill, NSW - working holiday
- Nanga Mill, WA- searching for Shangri La
- Broken Hill, NSW- bogged on the way
- Silverton, NSW - mining with mionors
- Innes National Park, SA - black sand shell beach
- HahnDorf, SA - Octoberfest
- Gundagai, NSW - no dog on tuckerbox
- Mildura, VIC - camped by billabong
- Katherine Gorge, NT - testing our limits
- Mt Ebenezer Station, NT - rim walking
- Yulara, NT - big red rock
- Yulara, NT - boring work
- The Grampians, VIC - Smith Mill Campground
- Woody Head, NSW
- Swan Hill, VIC - rained first full day