Top-10 List: Our Favourite Art Galleries from Around the World
[ more Top-10 Lists ]
This list is our own personal top-ten favourite art galleries and art museums based on what we have seen and experienced in our travels, many from our year long trip around the world in 2005. Here are exhibitions primarily of artworks, painting and statues. There is another Top-10 List of our favourite museums.
1. Vatican Museum, Vatican City
Join the crowds to see the amazing collection of artworks at the Vatican Museum, Vatican City.
2. Louvre, Paris, France
You must see the Mona Lisa.
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET), New York, USA
4. Don Quixote, Guanajuato, Mexico.
Iconographic Museum, showing Artworks from the book Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. Includes artworks by Ocampo, Coronel, and Dali
5. Tate, London, UK
6. Uffizi, Florence, Italy
7. Brooklyn Art Museum, New York, USA
8. Museo del Prado, Madrid, Spain. Fine Art Museum
9. MoMA, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, USA
10. Accademia, Florence, Italy
* others : Freda House in Mexico