Top-10 List: Our Favourite Galleries from around Australia
[ more Top-10 Lists ]
1. National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne VIC
2. Bendigo Art Gallery, Victoria
3. National Portrait Gallery, Canberra ACT
4. Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Sydney
5. The National Gallery of Australia, Canberra ACT
6. Art Gallery of NSW, Sydney
7. Museum of Modern Art, Brisbane QLD
8. Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth WA
9. New Norcia Art Gallery, New Norcia WA
The New Norcia Art Gallery houses a large collections of religious art, including paintings by Spanish and Italian Masters, a real surprise to be found in rural Western Australia.
10. WA Shipwrecks Museum, Fremantle WA
The Western Australia Shipwrecks Museum in Fremantle is a fascinating maritime archaeology museum, with a focus on the waters along the west coast of Australia. And as a bonus it is free entry.
* Galleries missing out on the top 10 are: Old Convent Gallery in Daylesford, Lismore Regional Art Gallery
* Galleries we would like to visit (and ones which would probably make the top 10 list): Museum of New and Old Art (MONA) in Hobart.