Top-10 List: Our Favourite Museums from around Australia
[ more Top-10 Lists ]
1. Darwin Museum
2. Melbourne Museum
3. South Australian Museum, Adelaide SA
The South Australian Museum is a natural history museum in Adelaide, South Australia, founded in 1856.
4. Nimbin Museum, Nimbin NSW
Nimbin Museum, Nimbin NSW in the hippy alternative town of Nimbin, in country New South Wales, Australia.
5. Bradman Museum, Bowral, NSW
The Bradman Museum in Bowral NSW Australia is a must for any cricket fan.
6. Australian War Memorial, Canberra ACT
The dioramas at the Australian War Memorial are our favourite displays, though there is enough to keep you interested for hours.
7. Eureka Museum, Ballarat VIC
8. Carnarvon Space and Technology Museum
The Carnarvon Space and Technology Museum was a real surprise, the area has played a huge part in assisting NASA with space exploration
9. Perth Museum
The WA Museum, also known as Boola Bardip, was opened in 2020, a brand new museum for Perth
10. WA Shipwrecks Museum
The Western Australia Shipwrecks Museum in Fremantle is a fascinating maritime archaeology museum, with a focus on the waters along the west coast of Australia. And as a bonus it is free entry.
* Museums missing out on the top-10 are: Port Macquarie Museum, Berrima Museum