As a family that loves to travel, we have been on many journeys over the years, both at home and abroad.
Here is a list of diaries and trip summaries from many of these journeys. You can also see a simple Travel Timeline of where we have been and when. As a couple, we started our travel journey with a month-long trip to Vietnam, which cemented our travel bug. A couple of years later we packed up our lives and took off for a year travelling around the world, and many years later have now ticked off over 40 countries, and our kids about 30 too. We would love to visit more and plan to do so. Where to next? Well, we have a Bucket List, but we are prone to change our plans at the last minute. It’s the only way to travel.
We have made records of many of our trips, sometimes with detailed diaries, and at other times just a brief summary, some photos or a list of destinations, available below. See also our Food Diaries.
- Australia – a list of our diaries and photos from our trips around Australia.
- China – a family trip to Beijing and Yangzhou in 2013.
- Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) – 2016
- France – mostly to Paris and Corsica, twice.
- Greece – Greece was our first stop on our Europe Trip in 2018.
- India – Rob in 1999 and as a couple in 2006
- Indonesia – we have visited Bali quite a few times, including a stint for over a year.
- Italy – possibly our favourite country
- Japan – 2-weeks in 2011.
- Malaysia – 2 weeks in KL and Penang in 2010.
- Mexico – a couple of trips in 1995 and a month in 2005.
- Morocco – we visited in 2018 as part of our family’s European tour.
- Nepal – Rob volunteering in Nepal for a week building a house.
- Netherlands – we visited in 2018 as part of our family’s European tour.
- New Zealand – 2 week trip in 2019.
- Portugal – we visited in 2018 as part of our family’s European tour.
- Singapore – 11-day visa run in 2014
- South Africa – 4 weeks in 2016
- Spain – we have visited in 2005 and 2018.
- Sri Lanka – 2 weeks in 2018.
- Switzerland – we visited in 2018 as part of our family’s European tour.
- Thailand – in 2006 as a couple where we visited Bangkok and Chang Mai, and as a family to Phuket in 2019
- USA – our family trip in 2014 was the most recent of many visits to the USA
- Vietnam – from our holiday in 2001.
- Round the World – daily diary entries from each country on our round-the-world trip in 2005, including Central America, USA, Europe and Asia.
- Europe Here We Come – check out Europe 2017 for a selection of posts from our 3-month holiday.