Top-10 List: Our Favourite Markets of Australia
[ more Top-10 Lists ]
1. Parap Markets, NT
The place to go for a fresh juice, rice paper rolls on a Saturday morning in Darwin.
2. Queen Victoria Night Markets, Melbourne, VIC
The Queen Victoria Market is an historic landmark, opened in 1878. The market is spread over 7 hectares, making it the largest open air market in the southern hemisphere. There are almost one thousand traders, selling everything from exotic Australian fruit and vegetables and local and imported gourmet foods, meat, fish and poultry, to hardware, manchester, clothing and authentic Australian artefacts and souvenirs.
3. Eumundi, QLD
A huge market selling local handmade crafts, and fresh local produce.
4. Fremantle Market, WA
5. Bangalow, QLD
6. East St Market, Fitzroy, VIC
7. Port Douglas, QLD
8. St Kilda Sunday Markets
An outdoor market with over 200 stores selling original artworks and crafts, on St Kilda Esplanade
9. Brisbane South Bank Markets, QLD
10. Daylesford, VIC
* Markets just missing out on the top 10 are: Mindil Beach Markets and Nightcliff Markets (Darwin)
- list of top 10 Western Australian Markets.